Today, the Board of County Commissioners of Washoe County approved the placement of a ballot question to increase property taxes, for registered county voters at the General Election on November 6, 2018, to help fund the Truckee River Flood Control Project. This tax measure was recommended by the Truckee River Flood Control Project Needs Committee (FCPNC), which was created by the Truckee River Flood Management Authority Board of Directors as directed by the 2017 Nevada Legislature to examine the means of funding the federally approved Flood Control Project for the Truckee River.
- Washoe County Announces Washoe Lake Dam Threat Now Downgraded to Watch
- Washoe County Warns of Potential Breach in Washoe Lake Dam
- Washoe Residents to Vote on Property Tax Increase for Truckee River Flood Control
- Board of County Commissioners of Washoe County Approves Placement of Ballot Question for Truckee River Flood Control Funding
- Truckee Meadows flood project funding included in bill